The following information about occupational assessment, screening and vaccination requirements is a guide only. Requirements may differ between states, organisations, facilities and departments. Facilities may ask for additional or modified evidence.
- One adult dose of diphtheria/ tetanus/pertussis vaccine (dTpa). Not ADT
- Serology will not be accepted
- 2 doses of MMR vaccine at least one month apart, or
- Positive IgG for measles, mumps and rubella, or
- Birthdate before 1966.
- 2 doses of varicella vaccine at least one month apart (one dose is sufficient if prior to 14 years of age), or
- Positive IgG for varicella, or History of chickenpox, or
- physician-diagnosed shingles (serotest if uncertain)
- History of completed age-appropriate course (3 doses) of hepatitis B vaccine. Not “accelerated” course. AND:
- Anti-HBs greater than or equal to 10mIU/mL, or
- Documented evidence of anti-HBc, indicating past hepatitis B infection
Within NSW only: to assist you, you may complete the Hepatitis B Vaccination Declaration where a hepatitis B vaccination record is not available and upload to your profile.
- obtain screening from an appropriately trained assessor, then ask them to complete the section "TB screening" of the Vaccination Record Card for Health Care Workers/Students (attached) OR
- complete the TB Assessment Tool by NSW Health (attached below or download here: https://bit.ly/30APR3u) to be assessed by the Infection Control team of the uPaged facility.
Please note: it is up to the uPaged facility to accept this evidence as sufficient for assessment.
- a record of vaccination, with your full name, date of birth, date of administration and batch number, and/or;
- serological confirmation of protection, and/or;
- other evidence
All uPaged practitioners working in hospitals will require Covid 19 Vaccination 1 and 2. Find more information about the Covid Vaccinations here.