The following information about occupational assessment, screening and vaccination requirements is a guide only. Requirements may differ between states, organisations, facilities and departments. Facilities may ask for additional or modified evidence.
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- One adult dose of diphtheria/ tetanus/pertussis vaccine (dTpa). Not ADT
- Serology will not be accepted
Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- 2 doses of MMR vaccine at least one month apart, or
- Positive IgG for measles, mumps and rubella, or
- Birthdate before 1966.
- 2 doses of varicella vaccine at least one month apart (one dose is sufficient if prior to 14 years of age), or
- Positive IgG for varicella, or History of chickenpox, or
- physician-diagnosed shingles (serotest if uncertain)
- History of completed age-appropriate course (3 doses) of hepatitis B vaccine. Not “accelerated” course. AND:
- Anti-HBs greater than or equal to 10mIU/mL, or
- Documented evidence of anti-HBc, indicating past hepatitis B infection
Within NSW only: to assist you, you may complete the Hepatitis B Vaccination Declaration where a hepatitis B vaccination record is not available and upload to your profile.
To enable instant bookings on uPaged, please provide all necessary information as evidence of your TB clearance.
Within NSW only: Please refer to the NSW Policy Directive PD2020_016 (attached). To assist you, you may:
The screening process is based on each individual’s TB assessment and can vary between different health facilities, therefore you will need to contact your local TB service (Chest Clinic) or accredited GP to obtain clearance.
If you have (or previously had) symptoms suggestive of TB or have ever had contact with a person known to have TB, you must immediately seek the advice of a TB service (Chest Clinic) for the exclusion of active TB.
Persons with positive TST/IGRA must be fully assessed by a TB service within 3 months of commencement of clinical duties and must be asymptomatic when commencing clinical duties.
- obtain screening from an appropriately trained assessor, then ask them to complete the section "TB screening" of the Vaccination Record Card for Health Care Workers/Students (attached) OR
- complete the TB Assessment Tool by NSW Health (attached below or download here: https://bit.ly/30APR3u) to be assessed by the Infection Control team of the uPaged facility.
Please note: it is up to the uPaged facility to accept this evidence as sufficient for assessment.
Annual influenza vaccination is highly recommended for all health care workers and staff and is mandated by many facilities. To enable instant bookings on uPaged please provide one of the following as evidence of protection:
- a record of vaccination, with your full name, date of birth, date of administration and batch number, and/or;
- serological confirmation of protection, and/or;
- other evidence
Flu vaccination is generally recommended to be done as soon as possible after the seasonal vaccine becomes available (usually in April) and it takes about two weeks after vaccination for it to become most effective.
Covid 19 dose 1 and 2
All uPaged practitioners working in hospitals will require Covid 19 Vaccination 1 and 2. Find more information about the Covid Vaccinations here.