Both types of nursing registration grades are Enrolled Nurses (ENs), meaning, you need to have completed a Diploma of Nursing to gain registration with AHPRA as an EN.

What sets them apart is that an EEN has completed the EN medication administration education, which means they are approved and hold an endorsement to administer medications.

Simply, if you are an Enrolled Nurse, and are approved to give medications to patients, you are an EEN.

Your nursing registration grade is a determinate of your rate of pay on uPaged, so when you sign up, be sure to select the correct one.

According to AHPRA's fact sheet Enrolled nurses and medication administration, ENs who can administer medicines do not have a notation on their registration. This means they have successfully completed EN medication administration education. 

ENs who cannot administer medicines have the notation ‘Does not hold Board-approved qualification in the administration of medicines’ on their registration, which is available on the national register of practitioners (the public register).

Check out the factsheet from AHPRA here:

What's the difference between an EN and an RN? Find out from our blog post here: