Most employers provide professional indemnity (PI) insurance and cover to their onboarded healthcare practitioners. That said, we are risk-phobic here at uPaged and we always think it’s a good idea to be well protected.

You can take out insurance privately, or if you are a member of the union in your state, they may provide you with PI insurance, legal representation, journey accident insurance, workplace health and safety advice as well as supporting the body that supports our industry. Some unions also have great online education platforms. Check with your individual state to learn exactly what is provided before you sign up.