A testimonial is a few words of feedback and supportive encouragement. After you complete your shift, the app will prompt you to sign off your shift and provide a testimonial for the hospital. Conversely, unit managers are also asked to provide you with a testimonial.
Think about the facilities, the support you have been given by the team, and your allocation. We suggest that you use the testimonial to indicate whether you would recommend this hospital to other uPaged nurses. You may also provide feedback to uPaged so we can continue to enhance our service.
Please understand that some days are busy and some things are outside of the control of even the best team leader or manager. Please discuss any issues in person with the unit manager first before providing a testimonial.
Testimonials can only be removed if they are proven false or misleading, or are in breach of patient confidentiality. Please keep testimonials professional and constructive.
Find out more:
- What is a rating? See here: https://bit.ly/2ZyaE6P
- Ratings & Testimonials - how do they work? See here: https://bit.ly/3hxarXq
- Why does uPaged have ratings and testimonials? See here: https://bit.ly/2ZARM6Y
- How is my rating determined? See here: https://bit.ly/32vmh07
- How is my testimonial determined? See here: https://bit.ly/3c1cGRH
- What is a good, average and bad rating? See here: https://bit.ly/3ivLtcB
- How is my average star rating calculated? See here: https://bit.ly/32vwc5N
- Do ratings and testimonials affect my ability to see or pick up more shifts? See here: https://bit.ly/3bYRVpM
- What if I get a bad rating or testimonial? See here: https://bit.ly/2RsW7ow
- Reach for the stars! What can I do to earn a high rating and great testimonial? See here: https://bit.ly/35HQGKR