The uPaged rating scale is a simple one: after you complete your shift, the unit manager will be asked to provide you with a rating on a scale of one to five stars, with five stars being the highest, for your:
- Time Management;
- Communication; and
Then, you will receive an overall star rating as an average of those provided for each of the above skills.
For example, if the unit manager gives you a rating of 4 out of 5 stars for Time Management, 4.5 out of 5 stars for Communication, and 3.5 out of 5 stars for Competence, your overall star rating for the shift is 4 out of 5 stars.
Conversely, you will be asked to rate the unit or department based on the likelihood of you recommending it as a great place to work. Think about the facilities, the support you have been given by the team you worked with, and your allocation.
Please understand that some days are busy and some things are outside of the control of even the best team leader or manager. Use the rating scale to assist other uPaged nurses in their decision to work at the hospital. Please discuss any issues in person with the unit manager first before providing a rating.
If there were no issues with a hospital or manager, we recommend they are awarded 5 stars. Work back from there if any issues arose during the shift.
Find out more:
- What is a testimonial? See here: https://bit.ly/2ZFFo5P
- Ratings & Testimonials - how do they work? See here: https://bit.ly/3hxarXq
- Why does uPaged have ratings and testimonials? See here: https://bit.ly/2ZARM6Y
- How is my rating determined? See here: https://bit.ly/32vmh07
- How is my testimonial determined? See here: https://bit.ly/3c1cGRH
- What is a good, average and bad rating? See here: https://bit.ly/3ivLtcB
- How is my average star rating calculated? See here: https://bit.ly/32vwc5N
- Do ratings and testimonials affect my ability to see or pick up more shifts? See here: https://bit.ly/3bYRVpM
- What if I get a bad rating or testimonial? See here: https://bit.ly/2RsW7ow
- Reach for the stars! What can I do to earn a high rating and great testimonial? See here: https://bit.ly/35HQGKR