Providing evidence of your nurse year level on your uPaged profile is important to ensure you get paid at the correct rate and to help managers allocate you appropriately. A year level is gained with every 1976 hours of clinical nursing work completed.
A quick note on Clinical Nurse Specialists: Unfortunately, Clinical Nurse Specialists are currently specific to hospitals so won't be accepted at other hospitals. We are currently looking at how we can better recognise wonderful CNS skills across multiple facilities. But in the meantime, you'll need a statement of service to verify your RN grade.
There are three ways you can provide evidence of your year level
1. Statement of service. A statement of service is a document given to an employee by an employer that states the details of the employment such as your registration level, hours worked and roles held. A statement of service is the gold standard for providing evidence of your nursing year level as it states actual hours worked.
2. Payslip. A payslip is considered appropriate evidence for year level if the payslip clearly includes the year level you are being paid at.
3. Statutory declaration. A Statutory declaration is a written statement that you declare to be correct and true in the presence of an authorised witness.
To download the form:
- Login to your profile and select the profile icon
- Select Experience, then under Year Level, select the Edit icon as below
3. Select Click to Download
A checklist of what to include in a statutory declaration can be found here and the following is a list of directories to find an authorised witness sign your declaration by state.