It's really important to keep up to date with your mandatory training so you can continue to book great casual shifts and keep up your CPD requirements as outlined by AHPRA.
Evidence for your Mandatory Competencies should be in the form of a certificate obtained from a clinical institution such as a hospital that you have worked at since becoming registered with AHPRA, or institutions where their training is recognised for nurses to earn CPD points.
The following is a list of registered training organisations that offer mandatory training online. Please note that this list is not exhaustive and are suggestions only.
Once you've completed the course, simply download the certificate and upload it to your uPaged profile. See how to download and upload documents here.
When uploading documents to your profile your name, the date received and the name of the registered training organisation must be visible on the certificate.
- Australian Commission on Saftey and Quality in Healthcare - Free online course.
- Australian Nursing & Midwifery Federation: ANMF and NSWNMA members $8.90 and non-members $40 per course.
- AUSMED - $30 p/m subscription.
- CRANA Plus: Non-members $19 members $17.10 per course.
- My Health Learning | HETI – free if you have a NSW Health payroll number.
- National Hand Hygiene Initiative - Free online course.
- NCI Nursing institute: $10 per month subscription.
You can also renew your competencies by using your hospital's training platform if you are an employee and have a payroll number.
A note about training for Aseptic Technique: Evidence for competency in Aseptic Technique is NOT the same as that for Infection Control. Aseptic technique is a specific component of Infection Control, and the training can involve topics like key parts, key sites and fields. Please upload evidence that clearly outlines competency in Aseptic Technique.