In order to work with uPaged, you must fulfil the below essential criteria:
- an AHPRA-registered nurse (RN, EEN or EN) or midwife, and not hold any conditions, notations, undertakings or reprimands
- have full work rights in Australia
- have at least 1-year full-time equivalent i.e. 1786 hours of post-graduate nursing experience that has been gained in a hospital:
- that experience must be in the area in which you seek work now;
- it must not be more than 3 years since you worked in a hospital; or
- you have done a refresher course, provided you have significant experience prior to that.
This is because uPaged connects you with on-demand casual shifts, where hospitals expect you to hit the ground running without needing much supervision. Our hospitals set the rules, not us.
SA Practitioners only** Practitioners working in SA Health Local Health Networks (LHNs) must also demonstrate awareness and ability in:
- Risk assessment principles.
- Responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012.
- Service provision to patients from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal people.
- Mandatory reporting as defined by legislation such as the Child Protection Act 1999, Fire Arms Act 1996, Aged Care Act 1997.
- Code of conduct principles for the public sector.
- BFHI (Baby Friendly Health Initiative) for those working with mothers and their babies.
- Principles of privacy and confidentiality.
- Has basic training in de-escalation techniques/ management of challenging behaviours.
- A competent level of computer literacy that allows negotiation of electronic information systems including Sunrise EMR, and/or CBIS (Community Based Information Systems)
If this is you - great! Feel welcome to sign up at www.upaged.com or through our app, complete your uPaged profile and we'll get uPaged.
If you haven't quite fulfilled the above requirements, on-demand work is not suitable at this early stage of your career. While you're in the process of gaining the required experience, please feel welcome to complete your uPaged profile, so that if new opportunities arise, you're ready to get uPaged. Hint: a more complete profile, gets a nurse in first!
Check out our tips and tricks in completing a uPaged profile here: https://bit.ly/3gD1Frn. Keep an eye on our emails and social media pages below so you can be the first to know if new opportunities arise.